Independence Day is annually celebrated on 15 August, as a national holiday in India commemorating the nation’s independence from the United Kingdom on 15 August 1947, the day when the UK Parliament passed the Indian Independence Act 1947 transferring legislative sovereignty to the Indian Constituent Assembly. India still retained King George VI as head of state until its transition to full republican constitution. India attained independence following the Independence Movement noted for largely non-violent resistance and civil disobedience.
- Why You Should Ditch the Laptop and Carry a Gnarbox 2.0 Instead
- 12 Simple Tips for Shooting Slow Motion Stock Footage
- From the Himalayas: A Photographer’s Journey to Complete Remoteness
- Licensing Contributor Petar Tutundziev on experimentation and building a dynamic portfolio
- On This Day in December: 31 of the Month’s Big Moments